Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Boxes

I can remember being so excited for Valentine's Day as a little girl (getting older I think your perceptions sort of change about this "holiday").  The night before, I would cover my shoe box with red colored wrapping paper and decorate it with paper hearts.  I would excitedly address all of my valentines to my classmates and then barely be able to contain my excitement throughout the night. Although this tradition was a fun one, I have to say, I enjoyed the Valentine Tea much more. Everyone in my elementary school would dress up for this day.  The teacher would then pair each girl with a boy. We would walk to the library down the hall which had been decorated with paper hearts.  The boys would pull out the chairs for the girls and then get them a sugar cookie and a cup of punch.  Sometimes I would get a "cootie" boy but I didn't even care once I got my cookie!  I realize that this tradition plays heavily into the stereotypical gender roles, but it was so much FUN. My kids don't get to enjoy a Valentine's Tea at their school but they do get to take their decorated boxes. Thanks to Pintrest, we were able to come up with some cute boxes.



Valentine Monster Box




Valentine Hot Air Balloons

1 comment:

  1. Those are so incredibly cute! And the Valentine's tea sounds adorable.

    ReplyDelete