Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Fairy Garden

Since spring is in the air, I thought it would be fun to do a fairy garden with my twins. First, I started out googling what kinds of gardens other people had done before I made a list of supplies I would need to get. Once I had my vision of what I wanted it to look like, I went to Hobby Lobby for the decorations and I found my plants at the grocery store (which is really ironic).


 I found a birdhouse at Hobby Lobby but I stained it, put sticks on the roof, and glued a little moss on it. The goal was to make it look more nature-like. 


 These little items I found with all of the dollhouse supplies (so exciting and cute).


 I wanted the majority of this garden to be small plants even though I did buy a few primroses for color.



 I thought this plant was perfect because it is so tiny and dainty (it is called "baby tears").


 Some more tiny flowers.


 I just couldn't resist this color…isn't it amazing?


 Kelsey is making holes for the different plants (I ended up splitting some of the plants in half so we could fit more variety all around the little house).


 Sophie is covering all the plants with dirt and making sure there are no roots exposed.


 Here is our finished product! There is a pebble trail, wheelbarrow, and a lovely sitting bench.


Here is a close up. 



 I feel that this all came together nicely. My girls and I enjoyed figuring out what pieces and flowers should go where. I am excited to see how it looks when the plants start to grow and fill the pot.


 The twins are very proud of their work. Since we built this together I told them it was going to be their responsibility to water the "fairy garden". Hopefully this will teach them a lot about caring for plants.


Of course this project would have not been complete without some serious "sisterly love"!


No comments:

Post a Comment