Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Kid Art

We started framing the artwork that came home from school about a year ago. Our fridge was always covered with all of these pictures my kids would color and they were constantly falling off the fridge. One day I was at a friends house and all of the art work that was in her kid's rooms were their own. I was so impressed. She then told me that framing your children's artwork helps to improve their self esteem. I wanted to find out if that was true or not. I went home and  searched on the web and sure enough I found dozens of articles that supported her claim. If you don't believe me, you should google kid's art and improve self esteem. You'll be surprised what comes up. 

Right away I wanted to do this with my kids. My husband thought it was a great idea, but we just had to find the time to get frames. We found a frame for each one of my kids at Hobby Lobby. What makes this frame so unique is that it opens and you can easily slide different pictures in and out. Whenever my kids come home from school with new art, this frame allows them to slip it into the frame themselves (my kids are old enough to do this…I wouldn't recommend wee children taking this on). 


Here is an example of my daughters framed artwork (I believe it is the water cycle).




My favorite part is the fact that it is so easy to open and there is a little pocket to store other art inside. 


I can't tell you how many times my kids have come home, telling me they have something to put in their picture frame. We hang the frames by the stairs so every time they go up and down them they see their pictures. Not only is some of the clutter off of the fridge but it is fun to have frequently changing artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment