Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lucky Charms

I bought another kit to test and try out with my kids. I like kits because they come with everything you need and I am not running around town trying to gather forgotten materials.
Last night my kids and I decided to make some clay charms together. When I saw this, it reminded me of the charms that my girls have on their charm bracelets. The charms aren't cheap, but I thought with this kit maybe I could save some money on the charms I've purchased at the mall (I am not holding my breath on the saving the money part).


Here is what the kit looks like. It is put out by Klutz and includes everything you need, including a book that shows you how to make their charms. When I opened up the clay it was really dry and it crumbled easily. I kind of wonder if it wasn't just old clay. I decided to by some different clay at the craft store instead. 


I like the Sculpey brand. I used to play with this stuff about 15 years ago and it has never disappointed me. I bought a bunch of different colors just so we weren't limited by what we could make.



Here is a mickey mouse charm I made and baked. It took 20 mins in the oven before it was fully done. The little metal hook came in the kit and I inserted it into the charm before baking.



Here is some of our creations from last night. We didn't put the glaze on our charms yet. The glaze is a nice touch but I think the flat finish of the clay is just as nice.



Overall I think my kids enjoyed making their own charms. I would buy this kit again. I like all of the things in the kit except for the dry clay that came in the box. If I could buy a kit with better clay than I wouldn't have any complaints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment